April 23, 2008

Props to Rock-Paper-Scissors and Black Dog Video

Other than my lovely wife Nadia (kisses bebe!), two of the biggest helps thus far in putting on this movie screening (Friday May 2 at the Park Theatre, Raiders: The Adaptation, tickets $12 with proceeds going to the Canadian Cancer Society) have been:

Diana Frances at Rock-Paper-Scissors, a Vancouer-based corporate comedy organization and regular performer at Urban Improv on Monday nights at Chivana Restaurant. I've known her for ages (met her when I previewed A Twisted Christmas Carol for the WestEnder years ago, and she's A-1 in my book, a damned nice woman who is also one of the funniest people I know. Please support live performance!

Melinda Michalak at Black Dog Video, across the street from the Park on Cambie, and also a damned nice woman. I've just met Melinda, but she has jumped on this project with a load of enthusiasm, and given me advice, contacts and energy in an extremely short time. Please support local business!

Props all round for these two amazing people...

No comments: