It's the end of January, 2011. I turn 40 in 22 days. There won't be any navel gazing here, boys and girls - just a thanks to everyone who helped make the past decade the best I've experienced thus far. I'm happier now - more patient, more content, more excited, more passionate than I've ever been.
Since turning 30, I have managed to do the following:
* Convinced a wonderful, fiery Latina to marry me. (Hi Nadia!)
* Had a beautiful baby girl (Milla) with said wonderful, fiery Latina.
* Fixed my credit rating - largely due to the organizational skills of the aforementioned fiery Latina.
* Bought a townhouse.
* Visited Mexico several times.
* Started speaking Spanish.
* Visited China.
* Didn't get shanghaied.
* Did the West Coast Trail.
* Found out that teaching isn't just a job, it's a passion.
* Learned that coaching turns teaching into a passion that pays well.
* Produced a movie screening to raise money for the Cancer Society.
* Started a small business (Kick-Start Cardio).
* Learned that - dude - small businesses are, like, wicked hard to run well.
* Closed that small business.
* Rekindled my love affair with hockey.
* Started a podcast (http://www.puckedinthehead.com/).
* Went back to school (UBC).
There were some hurdles, sure, but it's been a fun 10 years. Here's to the fifth decade being the best one yet.