October 19, 2005

Unsure what to feel

I got mugged of all things on Sunday night.

A street guy with screwdriver in hand and a red hoody over his face steered me off the sidewalk as I was on my way to the bank to make a small deposit. (Only $100, so I'm not out much cash...) It all took about twelve seconds, but I've spent three days repeating my story to a couple of different police officers. Needless to say, I've been asked about it a million times at work, too.

No injuries or wounds to report, thankfully -- the police specifically asked, "Are you injured?" -- "No." -- "Wounded. Are you wounded?" -- "No."

When you've just reported an assault, what would the technical difference be between the two of them, do you think? If I had been wounded, wouldn't I have mentioned that upon answering the injury question? "I didn't mention the large, bloody stab wound 'cos you only asked if I was injured."

Sheesh.

2 comments:

jblue said...

wow. that sucks. you have my sympathies. i don't know why but i've sometimes thought of carrying around a fake wallet to hand over in cases such as these, but figure it's a big effort for a small likelihood.. and they'd probably check the wallet with me there, see the token five dollar bill and no cards, and then beat me to a pulp..

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that, Jason. I'm glad you're okay, if out $100.